Lotus Notes and Outlook, both are widely used apps for emailing that are utilized by every small and large organization. However, with the day-by-day popularity of Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes is losing its marketplace. Outlook is an application, which is equipped with those features that are hard to find in HCL Lotus Notes. Due to this, users tend to move into Outlook from Lotus Notes. Undoubtedly, both are the same in functionality but differ in some areas and that makes the migration process complex as well as lengthy. So, let us discuss the way out of “how do I import Lotus Notes to Outlook?”
There are multiple solutions available for the same, one is a manual method and another one is the third-party CubexSoft NSF to PST Tool direct method. Let us first start with the manual approach and then later will come to a direct and recommended solution.
Manual Approach for Importing Lotus Notes into Outlook
Before starting the process, it is recommended to take a backup of the NSF file database in case if misshapen occurs. The manual procedure is categorized into two steps:
- Export data from NSF file to CSV
- Move Exported File into Outlook
Step 1. Export Data from NSF File to CSV
Follow the steps to export data from NSF file into CSV file type:
- Open the IBM Lotus Notes email client and browse the desired NSF file to export into Outlook.
- Move to File and select the Export option.
- Provide location as per need to save file and use Comma Separated Value option in Save as type to save NSF file into CSV and hit Export.
- Now, apply the desired options in the selection types and press OK.
Step 2. Move Exported CSV File into Microsoft Outlook
Implement the below-given steps to move the exported CSV file into Microsoft Outlook:
- Open MS Outlook, click File and select the option Import and Export.
- After the Import and Export wizard appears, choose the option Import from another program or file and press Next.
- From the Import a File Wizard window, select Comma Separated Values and click Next.
- Browse the file from the saved location and press Next.
- Choose the desired location to import a file and click Next.
- Finally, hit Finish. Now, the file will be successfully imported into Outlook.
The steps can be implemented for the process of how do I import Lotus Notes into Outlook. But, some drawbacks are associated with it as discussed below:
- The process is lengthy and complex.
- Requires proper knowledge of both Lotus Notes and Outlook.
- No assurance of data accuracy.
- Importing one file at a time and thus consumes a lot of time and effort.
- Not suitable for non-technical users.
Therefore, it is better to use a solution, which is reliable and saves crucial time for users. Thus, experts came up with a direct NSF Converter that can directly import NSF files to PST, PDF, MSG, EML, MBOX, Office 365, Gmail, G Suite, and more.
CubexSoft NSF to PST Software to Solve “How do I Import Lotus Notes into Outlook”
CubexSoft NSF to PST Converter is a complete solution that is programmed with simple and complex-free steps so that it is usable by both home and professional users for easy execution of how do I import Lotus Notes into Outlook. The application offers remarkable benefits that prove beneficial when importing unlimited IBM HCL Notes data files into Microsoft Outlook.
Follow the steps and get a solution of how do I import Lotus Notes into Outlook:
Download and run NSF to PST Converter free demo version on the system.
- Move to the Select File(s) button and click on it.
- Now, use either the Select Files button or the Select Folders button to add NSF files/folders for conversion.
- The scanning process will start and the tool will display each associated folder item on the left pane of the software.
- Click on the required folder in order to view the related data using the Preview window.
- Go to Export to open Export Wizard and choose PST from the saving options list.
- Click on the Browse button to set the destination path as needed to save the resultant file and click Next.
- Apply desired options to save files i.e. Split PST, Filters, Email Address Translation, etc.
- Finally, hit Convert to start the process.
- After the software finishes the process, an alert message will appear “Process Complete Successfully”. Click OK and exit.
It is a direct process for importing unlimited Lotus Notes emails, contacts, calendars, notes, tasks, and other items to Outlook at one time.
The blog has discussed multiple ways to solve the issue of how do I import Lotus Notes into Outlook. Both processes are implementable; users can choose the desired one as per suitability and import Lotus Notes into Outlook. If you want to perform multiple file conversions and save time, then it is recommended to make use of third-party applications. You can test the application by downloading the free demo of the tool that allows to import the first 20 files from each Lotus Notes NSF folder to PST free of cost. You can check the process for NSF to Office 365, Exchange, Gmail, G Suite, and more.