The monitor service in QuickBooks Desktop can be used to run the application in a multi-user mode and access the company files on the network. Issues with this service can lead to the QBCFMonitorService Not Running On This Computer error, which can get triggered due to some common reasons, like firewall obstructions and an outdated database service. If you are getting the QBCFMonitorService keeps stopping error, you can perform the effective steps given below to eliminate the issue.
If you are unable to follow the troubleshooting steps given below and the solutions seem too complicated, you can call our team of QB experts at 1-855-856-0042 to get immediate assistance with the monitor service issues.
List of Primary Reasons and Factors Leading to the QBCFMonitorService Not Running Error
The following common causes and possible scenarios might lead to the QBCFMonitorService failed to start error –
- Your QuickBooks Desktop is not correctly set up on the server PC to host the company files, and the hosting settings might be misconfigured.
- The QuickBooks database manager service is not running correctly, and the service might be old, outdated, inactive, or unresponsive.
- The Windows firewall is blocking QuickBooks from accessing the server by causing obstructions while running the app.
- There is a malware or virus infection in the PC, which can impact the functioning of QuickBooks Desktop, leading to server issues.
- There are Windows registry issues, and essential registry files might be broken, damaged, or contain corrupted/invalid entries.
Recommended to read : Fixes for QuickBooks Error 3008
Steps to Easily Eliminate QBCFMonitorService Not Responding Error
If you are unable to start QBCFMonitorService, you can perform the resolution steps given below to tackle the issue –
Solution 1 – Terminate QB Processes and End the QBCFMonitorService from the Task Manager
You can rectify the QBCFMonitorService not working error by ending the QB processes in the following manner –
- Exit QuickBooks and launch the Task Manager window by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys, followed by going to the Processes tab.
- Locate and right-click the QBCF Monitor Service to hit the End Task option, and once done, hit Yes to confirm and reopen QuickBooks.
Solution 2 – Review the Hosting Setup from the QB File Tab of the Server PC
Server issues in QB can be fixed by ensuring that the hosting setup is correct on the server computer.
- Open the QuickBooks File menu and go to the Utilities tab to choose the Host Multi-User Access option, followed by hitting Yes.
- Activate the hosting option on the server and ensure that the multi-user mode is not running on any other workstation, followed by going to the File tab on one of the workstations.
- Choose the Switch to Single-User Mode option, and once the hosting mode is disabled, rerun QuickBooks to activate the database service again.
You can successfully dismiss the QBCFMonitorService not running on this computer error by using the effective steps given above. In case these solutions don’t work and the server issues persist, you can call our QB support team at 1-855-856-0042 to get direct help with the error.
You may read also : What is QuickBooks Error 108